The facts, figures, statistics, and predictions that we follow Sponsored by KnowBe4
Cybersecurity Ventures formulates our own ground-up research — plus we vet, synthesize and repurpose research from the most credible sources (analysts, researchers, associations, vendors, industry experts, media publishers) — to provide our readers with a bird’s-eye view of cybercrime and the cybersecurity industry.
Latest Research (2020)
Reports and predictions authored by the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures, and originally published in Cybercrime Magazine:
- Official Annual Cybercrime Report – Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015 previous editions
- Ransomware Report – Global ransomware damage costs will reach $20 billion by 2021, 57X more than 2015 previous editions
- Cybersecurity Jobs Report – There will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs by 2021, up from 1 million openings in 2014
- Cybersecurity Market Report – Global spending on cybersecurity products and services will exceed $1 trillion cumulatively from 2017 to 2021
- Women In Cybersecurity Workforce – Women represented 20 percent of cybersecurity workers globally in 2019
- Data Attack Surface Report – The world will store 200 zettabytes of data by 2025. 50 percent of all data will be stored in the cloud.
- Cybersecurity Almanac – 100 facts, figures, predictions and statistics published by Cybersecurity Ventures and Cisco.
- Cryptocurrency Market Watch – By 2021 more than 70 percent of all cryptocurrency transactions annually will be for illegal activity
- Security Awareness Training Report – Global spending on security awareness training for employees predicted to reach $10 billion by 2027
- Human Attack Surface Report – There will be 6 billion internet users by 2022 — and more than 7.5 billion internet users by 2030
- Identity & Access Management Report – Global spending on IAM products and services will exceed $16 billion USD annually by 2022
- Wi-Fi & Mobile Devices To Hit 80 Percent Of IP Traffic By 2025 – BYOD and mobile apps pose a major security threat to the enterprise
- Healthcare Security $65 Billion Market – Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations are predicted to quadruple by 2020
- Cyberinsurance Report 2017 To 2021 – Cyberinsurance spending forecasts differ widely; cautious optimism for market growth through 2021
- World Will Need To Secure 300 Billion Passwords By 2020 – Cybersecurity Ventures projects the total number of user and privileged accounts that will need to be secured — which is a combination of human and machine passwords
- Zero-Day Report 2017 To 2021 – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that newly reported zero-day exploits will rise from one per week in 2015 to one per day by 2021
By Steve Morgan, published on Cybersecurity Research