Russia tried to sell grain stolen in Ukraine to Egypt. Egypt refused to buy stolen grain, and the ship changed direction to Lebanon and Syria. In total, the ship “Matros Pozinich”, which is now trying to sell the stolen, 27 thousand tons of Ukrainian grain.
The data of the MarineTraffic ship tracking system indicate that the cargo ship first headed for the Egyptian port of Alexandria, and then changed direction to Lebanon and Syria.
How the Russians are trying to sell the loot
The vessel passed the Bosporus on April 23 and went to the Kerch Strait, after which it was at the anchorage of the port of Kavkaz without cargo operations.
Already on April 27, “Matros Pozinich” turned off the AIS (automatic identification system). And according to international maritime rules, all ships must include it. The next day, April 28, “Matros Pozinich” appeared in temporarily occupied Sevastopol at the grain terminal of the Avlita stevedoring company, which is called “Aval” in Russian registries.
On April 30, the Russian ship set off for a port in Egypt . After the refusal, it returned to the port of Kavkaz, from where it left for Beirut on May 4.
Egypt did not purchase grain thanks to Russian diplomats
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine confirmed the information that the Russians took away 27,000 tons of Ukrainian grain from the occupied Crimea. Foreign Ministry spokesman Oleg Nikolenko said that it was Ukrainian diplomats who prevented Russia from delivering this grain to Alexandria.
According to our information, the Russian side sent a ship with grain stolen in southern Ukraine to side of Lebanon and Syria. The Foreign Ministry has already applied to the Lebanese and Syrian authorities to arrest the stolen cargo if a Russian dry cargo ship enters their ports, Nikolenko said.
He added that this situation is kept “under special control”.
Please note:“Matros Pozinich” is part of the sub-sanctioned “United Shipbuilding Corporation”.
What is known about the robbery of grain by the Russians:
- The head of the Luhansk regional military administration, Serhiy Gaidai, said that they could not start the sowing campaign in the region. The occupiers took out or destroyed the amount of grain, which could meet the needs of local residents for almost 3 years. And the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food said that Russian infidels took out about 100 thousand tons of grain from the Luhansk region.
- From the agricultural community in Kamenetz-Dneprovskaya in Zaporozhye, the Russians took out more than 60 tons of wheat along with trucks.
- Food, grain and agricultural equipment are also taken out from Melitopol. The stolen goods are being taken in the direction of the temporarily occupied Crimea,
- In the Svatovsky district of the Luhansk region, Russian invaders force farmers to start working and promise to “pay” with a small part of the crop grown by their own hands. The militants threaten to confiscate equipment and seed from farmers who refuse this “offer”.
- In the village of Novoalekseevka, Kherson region, the invaders emptied the elevator and took all the grain to the occupied Crimea.
- Earlier on The website of the Krasnoyarsk Territory of Russia published a text about plans to “expropriate the surplus crops of farmers in the Kherson region.” The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry stressed that this was the policy of the criminal Soviet government, which led to the Holodomor of 1932-1933 and the massive artificial famine of 1921-1923 and 1946-1947.
May 4, 2022 Published by The News Read Online.